December 1, 2020 is World AIDS Day. This year's theme is Ending the HIV/AIDS Epidemic: Resilience and Impact (Erradicar la epidemia del VIH/SIDA: Resiliencia e Impacto).
Join HRSA's Virtual World AIDS Day Webinar, Dec 1, 11-12 pm ET
Ending the HIV/AIDS Epidemic
Community-driven and community-focused efforts are the focus of Ending the HIV Epidemic: A Plan for America in cities and select states where over half of U.S. HIV infections are occurring.
The Community Infrastructure to Help End the Epidemic
HRSA's Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP) is, by design and mandate, a community-driven program that works in partnership with RWHAP recipients and sub-recipients on designing and implementing the Ryan White system of care.
Core components include:
- The delivery of quality HIV care through clinical training
- Clinical quality management and performance measures that provide the framework for agencies to achieve high standards
- A client level data system to monitor health outcomes and guide improvements
- The creation of care delivery models/best practices to reach specific needs and populations
- A community-focused planning process that guides the design and funding of HIV systems of care