Basics of Health Coverage Enrollment: Strategies and Resources for New Program Staff
Event Date: Wednesday, August 21, 2019 - 2:00pm to 3:30pm EDT
Event Type: Training/Technical Assistance Event, Webinar / Teleconference
This annual orientation webinar introduces practical strategies and ACE TA Center tools to staff that are new to engaging, enrolling, and retaining Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP) clients in health coverage. The webinar will cover:
- The unique health coverage needs and concerns of people with HIV
- The basics of Marketplace Open Enrollment for 2020 coverage
- Strategies to prepare your organization and clients for enrollment and renewals
- Strategies to build client’s health insurance literacy and help them stay covered
- How the RWHAP, including its AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP), complements health coverage and supports continuity of care
This training webinar will be especially useful to program managers, case managers and other staff that conduct outreach, benefits counseling and enrollment activities, as well as the recipient staff that support these programs.
- RWHAP recipients: Please share this opportunity with your subrecipient providers!