Please check the ACE webinars homepage for the most recent iteration of this annual webinar.
How to explain to clients the connection between health coverage and taxes.
Information can help with 2020 enrollment
- Helping clients prepare to file their taxes. Which includes which clients need to file. This is based on their 2018 health coverage and which documents they should gather in preparation to file.
- The tax credit reconciliation process for clients who received advance premium tax credits through the Marketplace.
- An explanation of who qualifies for (and how to obtain) an exemption from health coverage.
- Review of a tool to help clients understand how health coverage affects their tax filing.
Related ACE TA Center Resources
- Taxes and Health Coverage: What You Need to Know
- FAQ: Premium Tax Credits (PTCs) and Cost-Sharing Reductions (CSRs)
- Taxes and Health Coverage: What You Need to Know (Consumer Resource)
- "Covered" Video Series
- Special Enrollment Periods Consumer Fact Sheet
- Stay Covered All Year Long (Consumer Resource)