Center for Engaging Black MSM across the Care Continuum
Want to know how to ask the right questions in the right way, at the right time? Motivational interviewing (MI) is a goal-oriented, client-centered counseling style that elicits deeper responses and results from your clients and patients. MI can also be leveraged to explore and resolve ambivalence, as well as to facilitate a patient's intrinsic motivation in order to modify behaviors when the client is ready.
During this His Health webinar, the presenter will discuss the following:
- Establishing trust beginning with the initial contact
- The power and challenges of the peer-professional model
- Taking a client-centered approach to addressing barriers • How your communication style impact trust and rapport
- The importance of being dependable
- How do you know when trust is gained?
- Leveraging client trust to build stronger patient/provider relationships
- Case-study: Young BMSM, Never Accessed Care, Distrust of Medical System, Mental Health Challenges
Terrell Parker, Program Director, Brother’s United, L2C Program
Part of Collection
Browse for More