Intercultural Communication and its Effect on Quality Management
Center for Quality Improvement and Innovation (CQII)
Presenter Adam Thompson takes a deeper look at intercultural communication and how it may be a barrier to care. The first 10 seconds and last minute of the recording were inadvertently cut, we apologize for the inconvenience.
- Define health disparities
- Examine HIV-related health disparities in men who have sex with men, cisgender and transgender women, and youth
- Explore socio-cultural barriers to care and how they may affect patient-provider communication
- Define cultural awareness, cultural competence, and cultural humility
- Introduce a toolkit to improve patient-provider interactions and promote cultural humility