Online clinician training platform with evidence-based core competency training on HIV prevention, screening, diagnosis, care, and key populations.
Mental health services are psychological and psychiatric treatment and counseling services for individuals with a diagnosed mental illness. They are conducted in a group or individual setting, and provided by a mental health professional licensed or authorized within the State to render such services. Such professionals typically include psychiatrists, psychologists, and licensed clinical social workers.
Guidelines and Manuals
- AETC National Coordinating Resource Center (NCRC), University of Washington
Webinars and Training
- HRSA, IHIPTtwo interventions that provide layers of supportive services for people with HIV who are unstably housed.
- Technical Assistance Provider Innovation Network (TAP-in)Recordings of the TAP-in: Technical Assistance Provider-innovation network webinars on topics critical to the Ending the HIV Epidemic Initiative.
Review of strategies to support Ryan White core medical and support service access/delivery within and/or in combination with local syringe services programs (SSPs).
- HRSA HIV/AIDS Bureau (HAB)Highlight of two programs that successfully engaged in HIV care clients who are hard-to-reach and serve via delivery of HIV primary care, behavioral health, and housing.
- HRSA HIV/AIDS Bureau (HAB)Learn how two successful programs are addressing homelessness and housing instability and behavioral health disorders, improving client engagement and retention in care, and observing improved rates of viral suppression.
- Evidence-Informed Interventions to Improve Health Outcomes among People Living with HIV (E2i): Grantee Orientation WebinarEvidence-Informed Interventions (E2i)
Overview of E2i and its goal to identify and provide support for the implementation of evidence-informed interventions to reduce HIV-related health disparities and improve health outcomes.
- National Center for Innovation in HIV Care
Review of research on the causes of higher trauma prevalence among People with HIV. The relationship of trauma symptoms to decreased engagement in HIV services, and best practices in trauma-informed care.
- Futures Without Violence, HRSA
Website-based toolkit on ways for agencies to establish partnerships to address intimate partner violence (IPV). Focus is on partnerships among HRSA Health Centers and domestic violence and sexual assault (DV/SA) advocacy programs.
Tools and Job Aids
- Center for Quality Improvement and Innovation (CQII)
Review of the basics of trauma and modules on trauma-informed approaches in the delivery of HIV care.
Roadmap on steps to take in setting up depression screening in a program.
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health
Medical case management acuity tool to assess severity of needs of clients living with HIV in various areas of functioning and categories of severity.
- Cleveland/Lorain/Elyria TGA
Tools developed by a Part A program to monitor programs and services.
- Duke University, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Sixteen-question tool to screen for mental health and substance abuse conditions, takes under 15 minutes to administer. Developed under multiple Federal funding sources including HRSA. Excel file includes manual and electronic scoring tools, followed by scoring key.
- Cicatelli Associates (CAI)Screening tool designed for use by non-mental health professionals to assess mental health psychiatric disorders.
Reports and Best Practices
- SPNS Black MSM InitiativeIntroductory paper describing the Black MSM Initiative and the protocol for the multisite evaluation.
- Center for Innovation and EngagementCollection of 14 implementation guides on evidence-informed best practices in HIV care delivery, designed for replication by HIV primary care agencies.
- Dissemination of Evidence Informed-Interventions Project (DEII)
Evidence-informed interventions that produce optimal HIV care outcomes (jail transitional care, buprenorphine, patient navigation and peer support for women of color)
- NASTADTips for RWHAP AIDS Drug Assistance Programs in supporting access to mental health medications and related services.
- Center for Advancing Health Policy and Practice
Insights from a HRSA SPNS initiative on care coordinator/patient navigation interventions for vulnerable populations.
- National Center for Innovation in HIV Care
Description of changes in federal health policy that may increase behavioral health access for persons with HIV.
- HRSA HIV/AIDS Bureau (HAB)
Compilation of SPNS grantee experiences with peer models and how they can be used in various care settings.
U.S. federal agency that leads public health efforts to advance the behavioral health of the nation.
- AETC National Coordinating Resource Center (NCRC)
HIV clinical training resources for the AIDS Education and Training Centers (AETC) Program (e.g., library of tools by topic and populations, calendar of events, directory of AETCs, clinician consultation resources). Discover AETC EHE resources for clinicians.
- National Council for Behavioral Health
Resources on integrating primary care with behavioral health services to better address mental health and substance use needs.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
This is a Consumer-friendly website with tools to help with the basics of:
- Mental Health
- The signs of Mental Illness
- How to talk about mental health
- How to get help
The site also includes tools for providers and a treatment locator.