Aug 21 Webinar: Health Coverage Enrollment Strategies for New Program Staff
From the ACE TA Center Listserv - Do you have new staff and subrecipients that are new to enrolling clients in health coverage? The annual orientation webinar, Basics of Health Coverage Enrollment: Strategies and Resources for New Program Staff, will be held August 21 and is designed to introduce new program staff (or staff with new roles) to the ACE TA Center. Presenters will share practical strategies and tools to engage, enroll, and retain Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP) clients in health coverage.
Relatedly, see below: Marketplace Open Enrollment Tip
The webinar will help staff learn about:
- The unique health coverage needs and concerns of people with HIV
- The basics of Marketplace Open Enrollment for 2020 coverage
- Strategies to prepare your organization and clients for enrollment and renewals
- Strategies to build client’s health insurance literacy and help them stay covered
- How the RWHAP, including its AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP), complements health coverage and supports continuity of care
The ACE TA Center offers this webinar on an annual basis to train staff that are new to enrolling clients in health coverage.
Marketplace Open Enrollment Tip - Start planning 'Account Tune-Ups' with clients
In most cases, clients have only 45 days to enroll in a health plan during Open Enrollment. Before November 1, it’s important to conduct an Account Tune-Up, which is a pre-enrollment appointment to help prepare clients for Open Enrollment. These appointments help ensure:
- Clients understand the importance of health coverage.
- Marketplace accounts are up-to-date.
- No insurance payments are owed.
- Income taxes are filed to ensure future eligibility for Advance Premium Tax Credits.
- Clients are ready to start enrolling on November 1st.
Browse for More