From the NMAC Listserv - ELEVATE and ESCALATE Training Applications Now Open
Applications are now open for NMAC's HRSA-funded ELEVATE (Engage Leadership through Employment, Validation, and Advancing Transformation and Equity) and ESCALATE (Ending Stigma through Collaboration and Lifting All To Empowerment) programs.
The purpose of the ELEVATE program is to build the capacity of Persons With HIV (PWH) to be meaningfully involved in the planning, delivery, and improvement of Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP) services.
ELEVATE will address needs in workforce recruitment, development, and advancement for PWH among 50+, Young Black Men, transgender/gender non-conforming (T/GNC), Latinx, and the recovery community.
Each ELEVATE training will consist of 75% people with HIV and 25% RWHAP. Individuals participating in the ELEVATE training must be persons with HIV (people with HIV/PWH) aligned with a RWHAP Recipient and Subrecipient.
ELEVATE's first three trainings will each focus on a specific population:
- Nov. 1-5: MSM (application deadline of Oct. 15)
- Dec. 6-10: Latinx, conducted in English (application deadline of Nov. 15)
- Jan. 10-14: Cisgender women (application deadline of Dec. 15)
ESCALATE trains and empowers participants to recognize and address HIV stigma within every level of the Ryan White HIV AIDS Program. Training is available for both individuals and organizations.
ESCALATE’s first four trainings of the second year of the program will be on the following dates:
- Nov. 15-19: Indian Country (application deadline of Oct. 22)
- Dec. 13-17: Open (application deadline of Nov. 1)
- Jan. 18-22: Open (application deadline of Dec. 13
- Feb. 14-18: Puerto Rico, conducted in Spanish (application deadline of Jan. 2)