The Health Resources and Services Administration’s (HRSA) HIV/AIDS Bureau (HAB) is pleased to announce the availability of Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP) Part F: Special Project of National Significance (SPNS) resources from its Dissemination of Evidence-Informed Interventions (DEII) initiative: Care and Treatment Interventions (CATIs).
These CATIs are evidence-informed interventions that had previously demonstrated effectiveness in improving linkage to and retention in HIV primary care and that were implemented across 12 RWHAP sites as part of the DEII initiative. The CATIs include:
- Peer Linkage and Re-Engagement of Women of Color with HIV
- Enhanced Patient Navigation for Women of Color with HIV
- Integrating Buprenorphine Treatment into HIV Primary Care
- Transitional Care Coordination from Jail Intake to HIV Primary Care
The following resources provide guidance on use of each of the four CATIs.
- Implementation Manuals - These manuals are the first of their kind and are designed to share best practices for implementing CATIs from the DEII initiative. They detail the staffing, training, and infrastructure needed to implement such programs at health clinics.
- Training Curricula and Materials (English and Spanish) - These training curricula and materials are based on activities and curricula used to train DEII initiative staff in implementing the CATIs. All curricula and materials are available in both English and Spanish.
- Sustainability Report - A sustainability survey was distributed to DEII CATI program staff, one year after the DEII initiative ended to assess how and to what extent the agencies sustained the interventions post-funding. This report highlights major findings from these surveys.
We hope you will share these resources with all members of your team. Thank you for your continued commitment for providing comprehensive HIV care and treatment to people with HIV across this nation.