From the HRSA-funded ACE TA Center Listserv - Below are updates about scheduling ‘Account Tune-Ups’ to ensure clients are ready to enroll into Marketplace coverage in November and a recap of a webinar to help you get ready: Get Ready to Enroll: Remote Enrollment Strategies, Open Enrollment Updates, and Tips for Working with Clients.
Schedule ‘Account Tune-Ups’ Now
An Account Tune-Up is a pre-enrollment appointment to help prepare clients for Open Enrollment. Schedule them now to ensure that clients are ready to enroll into Marketplace coverage on November 1. These appointments can take place in-person or remotely, such as over the phone or video conferencing. In states that use HealthCare.gov, clients only have 45 days to enroll in a health plan during Open Enrollment, so these appointments help eligible clients maximize that time.
There are four main steps to an Account Tune-Up:
- Check paperwork, accounts, and payments.
- Review finances to determine eligibility for financial assistance and estimate income for 2021.
- Confirm enrollment in the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP), including its AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP).
- Help clients prepare for enrollment and schedule enrollment appointments.
Why schedule Account-Tune-Ups?
These appointments help make sure that:
- Clients understand the importance of health coverage.
- Marketplace accounts are up-to-date prior to Open Enrollment.
- Clients do not owe any past insurance premium payments.
- Clients have filed and reconciled their federal income taxes to ensure future eligibility for Advance Premium Tax Credits.
Download Account Tune-Ups: Getting Ready for Marketplace Open Enrollment to learn more about how you can support client enrollment into Marketplace plans.
Marketplace Open Enrollment Webinar Resources
- Marketplace Open Enrollment date variations by state and changes related to enrollment and health coverage for 2021.
- Providing remote enrollment assistance now and during Open Enrollment
- Streamlining workflows to get ready for Marketplace Open Enrollment
- Training staff and build enrollment capacity
- Developing enrollment partnerships
- Communicating with clients and share key health coverage messages
Have a question about 2021 Open Enrollment? Email the HRSA-funded ACE TA Center