Three Actions to Train Your Staff for Open Enrollment
From the ACE TA Center - In Part 3 of our Preparing for Open Enrollment series, we share three actions you can take to train your staff and build the enrollment capacity of your organization.
Highlighted Step for August
Conduct staff training to build enrollment capacity. During Open Enrollment, staff will work directly with clients who may have questions and concerns about health insurance, plan options, and the enrollment process. It’s important to train staff members on these topics now so they are prepared to educate clients and successfully facilitate enrollments.
- Encourage your staff, especially those that are new to the ACE TA Center, to register for our upcoming webinar: Basics of Health Coverage Enrollment: Strategies and Resources for New Program Staff August 22, 2018 | 2:00 - 3:30 PM
- Consider getting staff members trained as Certified Application Counselors.The free 2019 CMS Certified Application Counselor and Non-Navigator Assister Certification Training is now available. New users: register and choose ‘MLMS’ from the drop-down menu. Existing users login here.
- Train staff to conduct Account Tune-ups for all clients eligible for Marketplace coverage. Our Schedule Account Tune-Ups outlines the steps to conducts these pre-enrollment appointments to help prepare clients for Open Enrollment.
Open Enrollment beings on November 1 and ends on December 15, 2018 in most states. Check with your state-based marketplace to find out if they plan to extend 2019 Open Enrollment past December 15, 2018.
- In CA. enrollment begins October 15, 2018 and ends January 15, 2019
- In MN. enrollment begins November 1, 2018 and ends January 13, 2019
Visit our Preparing for Open Enrollment resource page for a full timeline and key steps to prepare, along with links to tools and resources to support efficient and successful enrollment of all eligible clients.