Module 7. Maintaining and Improving a System of Care
To provide an understanding of the concept of a comprehensive system of HIV care and of several PC/PB and recipient roles that are very important tools for developing, maintaining, and improving that system of care but often receive less attention than core legislative functions like priority setting and resource allocation (PSRA).
- Defining and Understanding the System of Care
- Shared Responsibility for the System of Care
- Development and Use of Service Standards
- Role of Clinical Quality Management
- Coordination of Services/Relationships with Other Programs
- Understanding the AAM Requirement
- Scope and Challenges
- Typical Steps
- Gaining an In-depth Understanding of the Local System of HIV Care
- Using Legislative Roles and Responsibilities to Help Improve the Local System of HIV Care
Materials for this Module
For More Information
- Planning Council Primer (2018 update)
- Compendium of Materials for Planning Council Support (PCS) Staff, especially:
- Planning CHATT Webinar, Priority Setting and Resource Allocation, July 17, 2018, Webinar Slides and Transcript
- “Service Standards: Guidance for Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Grantees/Planning Bodies,” HIV/AIDS Bureau, December 2, 2014.
- Clinical Quality Management Policy Clarification Notice, PCN 15-02, HIV/AIDS Bureau, 2015 [Updated November 30, 2018].
- Frequently Asked Questions for Clinical Quality Management Policy Clarification Notice, HIV/AIDS Bureau, 2015.