Participants learned how two successful programs are addressing homelessness and housing instability and behavioral health disorders, improving client engagement and retention in care, and observing improved rates of viral suppression. Featured projects are part of the SPNS initiative, Building a Medical Home for Multiply Diagnosed HIV-positive Homeless Populations. Topics covered:
- Why the medical home model is an especially effective approach for PLWH experiencing homelessness or housing instability and co-occurring mental health and/or substance use disorders and other co-morbidities.
- Organizational resources needed to implement these evidence-informed interventions.
- How to expand partnerships with providers to build a stronger care network for your HIV-positive clients.
- Manisha Maskay, Ph.D., Prism Health North Texas, Dallas, TX, Health, Hope, and Recovery (HHR)
- Angélica Palmeros, MSW, City of Pasadena Public Health Department, Pasadena, CA, Operation Link
- Precious Jackson, City of Pasadena Public Health Department, Pasadena, CA, Operation Link