These stories highlight people, programs, and topics to inspire and inform the Ryan White community.
Women accounted for 19% of new HIV diagnoses in the United States in 2018 (CDC, 2020). In 2019, 26.2% of Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP) clients were women.
- New Special Enrollment Periods for HealthCare.gov and some state-based Marketplaces
A new Special Enrollment Period (SEP) is available to all HealthCare.gov consumers from February 15 - May 15, 2021. Several states with their own…
A significant proportion of African Americans living with HIV/AIDS get care from HRSA's Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program.
- The HIV National Strategic Plan for the United States: A Roadmap to End the Epidemic 2021-2025 was released mid-January.
- A December 2020 report released by HRSA shows that clients receiving RWHAP medical care were virally suppressed at a record level – 88.1 percent – in 2019.
Learn about World AIDS Day and activities of HRSA's Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program.
- Guide to oral health resources by and for the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program.
Learn about the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program's commitment to HIV/AIDS care among Latino populations.
National Gay Men's HIV/AIDS Awareness Day is September 27. Learn about Ryan White activities targeting gay/bisexual men.
People with HIV are at a much higher risk of being unstably housed or homeless than the general population. In turn, less stable housing hinders HIV viral suppression.
National HIV/AIDS and Aging Awareness Day is September 18. Learn more, plan an event, and participate—and see these resources:
People may be able to get or stay covered with Marketplace/off-Marketplace health insurance through a Special Enrollment Period.
- Cross-posted from HIV.gov - Day 4 Recap: 2020 National Ryan White Conference on HIV Care & Treatment.
- Cross-posted from HIV.gov - Day 3 Recap: 2020 National Ryan White Conference on HIV Care & Treatment.
- Cross-posted from HIV.gov - Day 2 Recap: 2020 National Ryan White Conference on HIV Care & Treatment.
- Cross-posted from HIV.gov - Day 1 Recap: 2020 National Ryan White Conference on HIV Care & Treatment.
- HRSA Launches PLOS Special Collection Highlighting Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program’s Innovative Models of CareCollection on how HRSA’s RWHAP uses data to facilitate care at state and local levels; clinical, population, and geographic differences among RWHAP clients; implementation science initiatives; healthcare workforce; healthcare system differences in outcomes; and other strategies.
A dozen sessions with involvement by HRSA staff and/or featuring agencies funded by Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP) are now available for viewing (and in some cases listening) on the online platform for AIDS 2020, the Virtual 23rd…
- How HIV agencies communicate with people with HIV for purposes of engaging them in services, in planning, and in helping to break down isolation.
A community's work to enhance HIV testing in order to bring more infected persons into care and resources to support such efforts.
In response to clinic operation curtailments during COVID-19 lockdowns, telehealth services have expanded across the nation.
In the U.S., chronic viral hepatitis affects 3.5-5.3 million people. One quarter of people with HIV are coinfected with hepatitis C.
- Two HIV agencies review adjustments they have made in response to COVID-19.
- Over half a million individuals get HIV care from HRSA's Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP), of which 1.9% are transgender.
- 2019 Ryan White Clinical Conference videos and slides on PrEP and STDs.