These stories highlight people, programs, and topics to inspire and inform the Ryan White community.
National Gay Men's HIV/AIDS Awareness Day is September 27. Learn about Ryan White activities targeting gay/bisexual men.
National HIV/AIDS and Aging Awareness Day is September 18. Learn more, plan an event, and participate—and see these resources:
- New Marketplace subsidies are available for people who received unemployment compensation in 2021
Update: CMS has clarified that enhanced subsidies are available to all qualifying members of a household if the eligible taxpayer qualifies.…
RWHAP activities to enhance HIV testing in order to bring more infected persons into care.
- To prepare for this blog, I keep asking myself: What does it mean to be a “long-term survivor” of HIV?
- June 5, 1981. Many people who work in the HIV field know its significance: the day when the first AIDS cases were officially reported.
- The American Rescue Plan includes new premium subsidies to help people afford their Marketplace and COBRA health insurance plans.
- Summary of recently released mobile apps from Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program community recipients.
In the U.S., 15-30% of people with HIV are coinfected with hepatitis C. Rates are much higher among injection drug users who have HIV.
In 2019, Asians and Native Hawaiians/Pacific Islanders comprised 1.7% of Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP) clients.
Springlike, there are signs of emergence from the COVID-19 pandemic. But we are not there yet.
Agencies are still making use of varied strategies to maintain HIV services for their Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP). Telehealth and…
- Over half a million individuals get HIV care from HRSA's Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP). In 2019, 2.3% were transgender.
The Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program has a rich history as an delivering HIV care to young people, especially hard-to-reach populations.
HRSA's HIV/AIDS Bureau HIV care engagement initiatives that focus on sexual minority communities.
- The American Rescue Plan Act includes expanded eligibility for both Marketplace and COBRA subsidies and more. Also, the 2019 Public Charge rule will no longer be enforced.
American Indians/Alaska Natives comprise 0.5% of persons receiving HIV care from the RWHAP.
Summary of pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) provisions under HRSA and the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program and PrEP resources on coverage and costs and providers with PrEP expertise.
Women accounted for 19% of new HIV diagnoses in the United States in 2018 (CDC, 2020). In 2019, 26.0% of Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP) clients were women.
- Four evidence-informed interventions from the DEII initiative on peers, patient navigation, buprenorphine treatment, and care coordination.
- A new Special Enrollment Period (SEP) is available to all HealthCare.gov consumers from February 15 - May 15, 2021.
A significant proportion of African Americans living with HIV/AIDS get care from HRSA's Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program.
- The HIV National Strategic Plan for the United States: A Roadmap to End the Epidemic 2021-2025 was released mid-January.
- A December 2020 report released by HRSA shows that clients receiving RWHAP medical care were virally suppressed at a record level – 88.1 percent – in 2019.
Learn about World AIDS Day and activities of HRSA's Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program.
- Guide to oral health resources by and for the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program.