These stories highlight people, programs, and topics to inspire and inform the Ryan White community.
- Launch of the Best Practices Compilation, with Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program care interventions that have demonstrated real-world impact in helping people with HIV engage in care.
Learn about World AIDS Day and activities of HRSA's Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program.
- The HRSA white page Innovation and Resilience: How Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Recipients Leverage Telehealth during the COVID-19 Pandemic offers lessons for future service delivery.
- Guide on implementing rapid ART the administration of antiretroviral therapy (ART) as quickly as possible and ideally on the same day as an HIV diagnosis/clinic visit.
- To help you stay on top of the latest updates, the ACE TA Center has compiled this list of four “things to know” about helping consumers navigate this year’s Marketplace Open Enrollment.
- We bring to your attention the existence of 10 listservs to help you stay informed about various HRSA-funded technical assistance and training opportunities in HIV care.
Learn about the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program's commitment to HIV/AIDS care among Latino populations.
National Gay Men's HIV/AIDS Awareness Day is September 27. Learn about Ryan White activities targeting gay/bisexual men.
National HIV/AIDS and Aging Awareness Day is September 18. Learn more, plan an event, and participate—and see these resources:
- New Marketplace subsidies are available for people who received unemployment compensation in 2021.
RWHAP activities to enhance HIV testing in order to bring more infected persons into care.
- To prepare for this blog, I keep asking myself: What does it mean to be a “long-term survivor” of HIV?
- June 5, 1981. Many people who work in the HIV field know its significance: the day when the first AIDS cases were officially reported.
- The American Rescue Plan includes new premium subsidies to help people afford their Marketplace and COBRA health insurance plans.
- Summary of recently released mobile apps from Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program community recipients.
In the U.S., 15-30% of people with HIV are coinfected with hepatitis C. Rates are much higher among injection drug users who have HIV.
In 2019, Asians and Native Hawaiians/Pacific Islanders comprised 1.7% of Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP) clients.
- COVID-coping and other supportive strategies to help people with HIV dealing with homelessness and employment needs.
- Over half a million individuals get HIV care from HRSA's Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP). In 2019, 2.3% were transgender.
The Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program has a rich history as an delivering HIV care to young people, especially hard-to-reach populations.
HRSA's HIV/AIDS Bureau HIV care engagement initiatives that focus on sexual minority communities.
- The American Rescue Plan Act includes expanded eligibility for both Marketplace and COBRA subsidies and more. Also, the 2019 Public Charge rule will no longer be enforced.
American Indians/Alaska Natives comprise 0.5% of persons receiving HIV care from the RWHAP.
Summary of pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) provisions under HRSA and the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program and PrEP resources on coverage and costs and providers with PrEP expertise.
Women accounted for 19% of new HIV diagnoses in the United States in 2018 (CDC, 2020). In 2019, 26.0% of Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP) clients were women.