These stories highlight people, programs, and topics to inspire and inform the Ryan White community.
In the U.S., 15-30% of people with HIV are coinfected with hepatitis C. Rates are much higher among injection drug users who have HIV.
In 2020, Asians and Native Hawaiians/Pacific Islanders comprised 1.7% of Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP) clients.
The Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program has a rich history as an delivering HIV care to young people, especially hard-to-reach populations.
- Did you know? Most people with very low incomes can now enroll in subsidized Marketplace coverage.
American Indians/Alaska Natives comprise 0.5% of persons receiving HIV care from the RWHAP.
From 2010 through 2020, viral suppression increased from 66.3% to 89.4% among female RWHAP clients receiving HIV medical care.
People with HIV are at a much higher risk of being unstably housed or homeless than the general population. In turn, less stable housing hinders HIV viral suppression.
- Are you interested in sharing your thoughts on the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Best Practices Compilation?
A 2014 blog on how a Ryan White HIV clinic negotiated with a health plan, with lessons learned for agencies seeking coverage for emerging treatments like long-acting injectables.
A significant proportion of African Americans living with HIV/AIDS get care from HRSA's Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program.
- Launch of the Best Practices Compilation, with Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program care interventions that have demonstrated real-world impact in helping people with HIV engage in care.
- The HRSA white page Innovation and Resilience: How Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Recipients Leverage Telehealth during the COVID-19 Pandemic offers lessons for future service delivery.
- Guide on implementing rapid ART the administration of antiretroviral therapy (ART) as quickly as possible and ideally on the same day as an HIV diagnosis/clinic visit.
- To help you stay on top of the latest updates, the ACE TA Center has compiled this list of four “things to know” about helping consumers navigate this year’s Marketplace Open Enrollment.
- We bring to your attention the existence of 10 listservs to help you stay informed about various HRSA-funded technical assistance and training opportunities in HIV care.
Learn about the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program's commitment to HIV/AIDS care among Latino populations.
National Gay Men's HIV/AIDS Awareness Day is September 27. Learn about Ryan White activities targeting gay/bisexual men.
National HIV/AIDS and Aging Awareness Day is September 18. Learn more, plan an event, and participate—and see these resources:
- New Marketplace subsidies are available for people who received unemployment compensation in 2021.
RWHAP activities to enhance HIV testing in order to bring more infected persons into care.
- To prepare for this blog, I keep asking myself: What does it mean to be a “long-term survivor” of HIV?
- June 5, 1981. Many people who work in the HIV field know its significance: the day when the first AIDS cases were officially reported.
- The American Rescue Plan includes new premium subsidies to help people afford their Marketplace and COBRA health insurance plans.
- Summary of recently released mobile apps from Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program community recipients.
- COVID-coping and other supportive strategies to help people with HIV dealing with homelessness and employment needs.