These stories highlight people, programs, and topics to inspire and inform the Ryan White community.
- New Marketplace subsidies are available for people who received unemployment compensation in 2021
Starting July 1, people who received or who were approved to receive unemployment compensation in 2021 will be eligible for enhanced subsidies for…
RWHAP activities to enhance HIV testing in order to bring more infected persons into care.
- To prepare for this blog, I keep asking myself: What does it mean to be a “long-term survivor” of HIV?
- June 5, 1981. Many people who work in the HIV field know its significance: the day when the first AIDS cases were officially reported.
- The American Rescue Plan includes new premium subsidies to help people afford their Marketplace and COBRA health insurance plans.
- Summary of recently released mobile apps from Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program community recipients.
In the U.S., 15-30% of people with HIV are coinfected with hepatitis C. Rates are much higher among injection drug users who have HIV.
In 2019, Asians and Native Hawaiians/Pacific Islanders comprised 1.7% of Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP) clients.
Springlike, there are signs of emergence from the COVID-19 pandemic. But we are not there yet.
Agencies are still making use of varied strategies to maintain HIV services for their Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP). Telehealth and…
- Over half a million individuals get HIV care from HRSA's Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP). In 2019, 2.3% were transgender.
The Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program has a rich history as an delivering HIV care to young people, especially hard-to-reach populations.
HRSA's HIV/AIDS Bureau HIV care engagement initiatives that focus on sexual minority communities.
- The American Rescue Plan Act includes expanded eligibility for both Marketplace and COBRA subsidies and more. Also, the 2019 Public Charge rule will no longer be enforced.
American Indians/Alaska Natives comprise 0.5% of persons receiving HIV care from the RWHAP.
Summary of pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) provisions under HRSA and the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program and PrEP resources on coverage and costs and providers with PrEP expertise.
Women accounted for 19% of new HIV diagnoses in the United States in 2018 (CDC, 2020). In 2019, 26.0% of Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP) clients were women.
- Four evidence-informed interventions from the DEII initiative on peers, patient navigation, buprenorphine treatment, and care coordination.
- A new Special Enrollment Period (SEP) is available to all HealthCare.gov consumers from February 15 - May 15, 2021.
A significant proportion of African Americans living with HIV/AIDS get care from HRSA's Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program.
- The HIV National Strategic Plan for the United States: A Roadmap to End the Epidemic 2021-2025 was released mid-January.
- A December 2020 report released by HRSA shows that clients receiving RWHAP medical care were virally suppressed at a record level – 88.1 percent – in 2019.
Learn about World AIDS Day and activities of HRSA's Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program.
- Guide to oral health resources by and for the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program.
Learn about the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program's commitment to HIV/AIDS care among Latino populations.
People with HIV are at a much higher risk of being unstably housed or homeless than the general population. In turn, less stable housing hinders HIV viral suppression.