Building Effective Interventions for Latino Clients
IHIP, HRSA HIV/AIDS Bureau (HAB)
Learn how two demonstration sites from the HRSA HAB Special Projects of National Significance (SPNS) Latino Initiative supported Latino clients of Puerto Rican and Mexican descent move along the HIV care continuum. During this webinar presenters share how they used a transnational approach to build rapport with clients and address their barriers to care through multi-level interventions.
- Implementing effective linkage and retention strategies for clients with HIV and substance use disorders
- Coordinating community level interventions using educational talks, social network testing, and social marketing campaigns to decrease HIV stigma and encourage HIV testing and treatment
- Improving authenticity and effectiveness by developing culturally tailored communications
- Working with syringe services programs to identify and support clients with HIV who also have opioid use disorders
Presenters share their lessons learned, provide intervention replication tips, and participate in a Q&A session.
- Patricia Aguado, Ph.D, LCSW, The Ruth M. Rothstein CORE Center, Chicago, IL, Proyecto Promover
- Laura Bramford, M.D., M.S.C.E., Philadelphia FIGHT Community Health Centers, Philadelphia, PA, Clinica Bienstar
Browse for More
Topic Areas:Resource Type:Language: