Recently, funding was awarded to various jurisdictions to conduct planning specific to Ending the HIV Epidemic: A Plan for America, including implementation science research and planning by NIH-funded Centers for AIDS Research and CDC-funded Ending the HIV Epidemic planning.
Funded entities will not be starting from zero given the decades of HIV planning expertise developed under the following:
- HIV care planning of the HRSA Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP)
- CDC HIV prevention-focused planning
- Integrated planning that bridges the care/prevention continuum
- Extensive local and state Ending the Epidemic jurisdictional plans that predate the national Ending the Epidemic initiative.
Below are highlights of HRSA technical resources on HIV planning, all of which can be found on our Planning topic pages:
- The Integrated HIV/AIDS Planning Technical Assistance Center has various resources on care/prevention planning. Included are the Integrated HIV Prevention and Care Plan Online Resource Guide with a 2018 webinar and, Aligning Local Getting to Zero and Ending the Epidemic Initiatives and Integrated HIV Prevention and Care Plans.
- The Planning Community HIV/AIDS Technical Assistance and Training focuses on building the capacity of RWHAP Part A planning bodies and has developed a Training Guide and other materials.
- Our Program Database includes listings of RWHAP recipients in metropolitan areas (Part A), planning bodies in Part A, and states and territories (Part B).