From the ACE TA Center Listserv - Schedule Account Tune-Ups now to ensure clients are ready to enroll on November 1.
What is an Account Tune-Up?
An Account Tune-Up is a pre-enrollment appointment to help prepare clients for Open Enrollment. In states that use HealthCare.gov, clients only have 45 days to enroll in a health plan during Open Enrollment.
What is involved?
There are four main steps:
- Check paperwork, accounts, and payments.
- Review finances.
- Confirm enrollment in the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP), including ADAP.
- Help clients prepare for enrollment and schedule enrollment appointments.
Why do an Account Tune-Up?
These appointments help ensure:
- Marketplace accounts are up-to-date prior to Open Enrollment.
- No past insurance payments are owed.
- Income taxes are filed and reconciled to ensure future eligibility for Advance Premium Tax Credits.
- Clients understand the importance of health coverage.