Does your organization work with Mexican or Mexican-American clients? Learn how two demonstration sites from the HRSA/HAB Special Projects of National Significance (SPNS) Latino Initiative effectively engaged Latinos of Mexican descent in HIV testing and linkage to care.
- Use a transnational framework to design effective interventions for Mexicans and Mexican Americans
- Address specific barriers to care for clients of Mexican descent, such as limited access to culturally competent health care and social services
- Engage Mexican and Mexican-American MSM
- Build evaluation measures for each stage of an intervention
Presenters share their experiences, lessoned learned, and provide practical knowledge on addressing the unique needs of this population. They also provide intervention replication tips and participate in a Q&A.
- Laura Castillo, Bienstar Human Services, Inc., Los Angeles, CA, Proyecto Vida
- Martha Guerrero, Prism Health North Texas, Dallas, TX, Viviendo Valiente