Systems-level Workforce Capacity Building for Integrating HIV Primary Care in Community Health Settings
IHIP, HRSA HIV/AIDS Bureau (HAB)
How can organizations respond to a changing healthcare landscape—one marked by shortages of HIV primary care physicians and increasing demand for quality HIV services? Watch this webinar to learn how two demonstration sites from the HRSA/HAB Special Projects of National Significance (SPNS) Workforce Capacity Building initiative addressed this challenge. Presenters share strategies for optimizing human resources and improving healthcare quality.
- Design innovative Practice Transformation/Transformative Models (PTMs) to improve delivery of HIV services
- Reduce silos in healthcare organizations
- Build effective multidisciplinary teams
- Expand training in HIV medicine for primary care providers
Presenters share their experiences, lessoned learned, and provide practical knowledge about implementing and sustaining a PTM. They also provide tips for replicating the interventions and participate in a Q&A session.
- Darnelle Delva, MPH, CPH, Brightpoint Health, Bronx, NY, Brightpoint Health’s Practice Transformation Model
- Mary Correa, MS, Brightpoint Health, Bronx, NY, Brightpoint Health’s Practice Transformation Model
- Christian B. Ramers, MD, MPH, AAHIVS, Family Health Centers of San Diego, San Diego, CA, Practice Transformative Model (PTM) to Build San Diego’s Primary Care Capacity to Provide HIV Treatment and Comprehensive Care Services