This course is designed to build the health insurance literacy skills of Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP) staff who provide direct support to clients. In turn, staff can better assist clients with enrolling, using, and staying covered.
Staff will also learn about the connection between:
- Health insurance literacy.
- Health literacy.
- Types of health coverage.
- How to enable clients to access various sources of financial support to keep their coverage affordable.
By the end of this course, staff will be able to:
- Define health insurance literacy.
- Correctly use key health insurance terms in conversation.
- Help clients understand their health coverage options.
- Help clients use and keep their health coverage.
- Understand how building their health insurance literacy can improve health care access for clients.