The Basics of Medicare for Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP) Clients
ACE TA Center
This webinar will provide an overview of Medicare eligibility and enrollment for RWHAP clients.
Including in the presentation:
- Medicare eligibility pathways for people with HIV
- What the different parts of Medicare (A, B, C, and D) cover
- The enrollment process, dual eligibility
- Medicare prescription drug coverage for people with HIV
- How the RWHAP can help clients pay for Medicare costs
Participants will also hear from Anne Callahan. She is a lead health insurance enrollment specialist with the Community Research Initiative and Massachusetts HIV Drug Assistance Program. She will address some of the common questions and challenges faced by aging people with HIV when enrolling in Medicare.
Participants will gain new information to help them better support RWHAP clients that are aging into Medicare. Including those who are transitioning from other types of coverage. Such as Marketplace insurance, and/or those who are dually eligible for Medicare and Medicaid.