The Basics of Medicare for Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP) Clients
ACE TA Center
Overview of Medicare eligibility and enrollment for RWHAP clients, including:
- Medicare eligibility pathways for people with HIV
- What the different parts of Medicare (A, B, C, and D) cover
- The enrollment process, dual eligibility
- Medicare prescription drug coverage for people with HIV
- How the RWHAP can help clients pay for Medicare costs
Participants also heard from Anne Callachan, a lead health insurance enrollment specialist with the Community Research Initiative and Massachusetts HIV Drug Assistance Program.
Participants gained new information to help them better support RWHAP clients that are aging into Medicare including those who are transitioning from other types of coverage such as Marketplace insurance and/or those who are dually eligible for Medicare and Medicaid.