BESAFE is a framework that uses culturally pluralistic content and perspectives based on the following six core elements:
- Barriers to Care
- Sensitivity of the Provider
The BESAFE series includes guides and promising practices that address cultural competency for specific racial/ethnic populations.
- Cultural competency guide for health care professionals who care for African-American patients with HIV.
- Cultural Competency Guide for health care professionals providing HIV care for American Indian, Alaska Native, an/or Native Hawaiian patients infected with HIV/AIDS.
Cultural Competency guide for health care professionals who care for Asian/Pacific Islander patients with HIV.
- Cultural competency guide for health care professionals who care for Latino patients with HIV/AIDS.
- El modelo incluye seis áreas consideradas relevantes y de las cuales los proveedores de salud deben estar conscientes al ofrecer atención integral al paciente latino.
- Case studies of culturally appropriate service delivery practices in HIV/AIDS prevention and treatment/care for minorities disproportionately affected by HIV disease.
- Compendium of Culturally Competent Promising Practices: The Role of Traditional Health in HIV Clinical ManagementPromising practices in the use of complementary and alternative medicine among minority patients living with HIV/AIDS.