HRSA HIV/AIDS Bureau (HAB) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Guidance on development of HIV/AIDS epidemiological profiles for use in planning/evaluation activities of both prevention and care programs. Update of an earlier joint epidemiologic profile guidance by CDC and HRSA.
- Introduction. Overview of integrated HIV epidemiologic profiles.
- Starting the Process. Outline what to do to start creating a profile.
- Describing the Burden of HIV. How to describe the burden of HIV in a jurisdiction.
- Completing the Epidemiologic Profile. The process of completing the profile.
- Special Considerations. Issues like confidentiality, special needs populations, comorbidity, and areas with low morbidity and minimal data.