Kaleidoscope of Care: Responding to the Challenges of HIV and Substance Use
Boston University School of Social Work Center for Innovation in Social Work and Health
A cross-disciplinary training curriculum to increase knowledge and awareness of the relationship between HIV infection and substance use. The training curriculum is designed for HIV medical and substance abuse treatment providers as a Training of Trainers (TOT), with the goal of enhancing their ability to provide interdisciplinary care to their common clients, HIV-infected substance users. The curriculum is available in both English and Spanish and consists of four main modules:
- Strategies for Engagement and Retention in Care
- Incorporating Harm Reduction Into our Work
- Health Promotion and Adherence
- Interdisciplinary Care
Developed under HRSA SPNS Initiative on substance abuse and HIV/AIDS care.
Also available in Spanish (Version en español - Un Caleidoscopio de Cuidado y Servicios: Respondiendo a los retos del VIH y uso de drogas).
Resources are also posted on the Kaleidoscope of Care webpage of Boston University.
- Module I: Introduction
- Module II: Strategies for Engagement and Retention in Care
- Module III: Incorporating Harm Reduction Into Our Work
- Module IV A: Health Promotion and Adherence, Full Curriculum
- Module IV B: Suggested Replication Training for Clinicians
- Module IV C: Suggested Replication Training for a Mixed Audience of Clinicians and Non-Clinicians
- Module IV: References
- Module V: Interdisciplinary Care
- HIV and Substance Abuse Resources
- Appendix A: Trainer's Tips
- Summary of Replication Trainings
- Un Caleidoscopio de Cuidado y Servicios: Respondiendo a los retos del VIH y uso de drogas
Browse for More
Resource Type:SPNS Project(s):