Summary of changes that may affect your data management and reporting practices in relation to Policy Clarification Notice (PCN ) #16-02 on Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP) client eligibility and program guidance for allowable service categories.
The PCN introduces a new support service category, Other Professional Services, defined as professional and consultant services rendered by members of particular professions licensed and/or qualified to offer such services by local governing authorities. Services may include but not be limited to legal services, permanency planning and income tax preparation for clients receiving premium tax credits (see page 19 in PCN).
Consolidation of Services
Four services have been consolidated into other services, meaning that providers can no longer report the services in the Ryan White Services Report (RSR). Instead, these services will need to be remapped to new service categories.
- Legal Services which were previously reported as a support service, should now be reported as Other Professional Services(see page 19 in PCN)
- Permanency Planning, which as previously reported as a support service, should now be reported as Other Professional Services(see page 19 in PCN)
- Pediatric Developmental Assessment/Early Intervention Services, was previously reported as a support service. Pediatric Developmental Assessment should now be reported as Outpatient/Ambulatory Health Services (OAHS). Early Intervention Services is a core medical service (see pages 7 and 9 in PCN).
- Treatment Adherence Services provided during an OAHS visit should be reported under the OAHS category whereas Treatment Adherence Services provided during a Medical Case Management visit should be reported in the Medical Case Management service category. Treatment Adherence Services can no longer be reported as a separate service category (pages 7, 14, and 15).
Other Changes that Don’t Directly Affect Reporting
The PCN also offered clarification in the following three areas:
- Minor service category name changes such as Outpatient/Ambulatory Medical Care (OAMC) to Outpatient/ Ambulatory Health Services (OAHS)
- Use of Ryan White funding by Part for different service categories such as AIDS Pharmaceutical Assistance and Health Insurance Premium and Cost Sharing
- Client eligibility criteria for multiple services including Home and Community-Based Health Services, Hospice Services, and Home Care