Guide on how to coordinate HIV/HCV treatment with substance use treatment and recovery, with immediate and long-term strategies that can be implemented regardless of where your organization is in the process of coordinating HIV/HCV treatment with substance use treatment and recovery. Covers:
- Understanding HIV/HCV: trauma-informed approach, motivational interviewing, and confidentiality.
- Including HIV/HCV in substance use treatment planning.
- Using the biopsychosocial assessment to understand HIV/HCV status.
- Facilitating re-engagement in HIV/HCV care if client has already been diagnosed.
- Integrating a client’s HIV/HCV care into substance use treatment planning.
- Facilitating testing and linkage to care if client has not already been diagnosed.