We are providing this online forum as a place for Ryan White community members to seek support and ideas from their peers.
Who may participate?
- Anyone may read the full the contents of the forum without creating an account or logging in.
- To post a question or comment on another post, you must create an account and log in.
- Anyone may create an account and participate, but we reserve the right to disable the account of anyone in violation of the community rules.
- Each forum or discussion room will have an area of focus.
- Each topic within a forum is called a “thread” or a "post."
- If you "subscribe" to a post, you will receive an email message whenever someone makes a comment on the post.
How it works
- Logged in community members may start new topics or reply to existing topics within a forum.
- The forum moderator will monitor forum posts throughout the day and respond as appropriate. Moderators are able to edit and delete comments and posts.
- If you want to receive an email message whenever a new topic is started or comment is made, you may do so by clicking on the Subscribe link in the right-hand column. To unsubscribe, click on the same link.
- If you create a new post (or topic), you will be reminded to subscribe by clicking on the link in the right-hand sidebar. You will then receive an email message whenever someone adds a comment.
Privacy and moderation
- New posts will appear without staff review, but moderators may remove or correct posts after they are posted. If this is necessary, the poster will be notified via email.
- The forum moderator and TargetHIV staff reserve the right to edit or remove any posts for reasons including factual errors, commercial solicitation, partisan advocacy, or abusive behavior.
- We will not send you email unless you opt to receive it, and we will not share your email address with anyone else. We will report in aggregate on the number of users, their locations, and type of work.
- We don't allow anonymous posts.
Ground rules, dos and don’ts
- Do participate and share your knowledge and experience.
- Do ask questions.
- Do look to see if your topic or question is already covered before starting a new thread.
- Do be respectful of other members with different opinions.
- Do use the discussion room to promote topic-related educational events, research and resources.
- Don't use the discussion room for fundraising, political advocacy, or commercial promotion.
- Don't use the discussion room to seek funding or a job (unless it is on a board designated for that purpose).
- We ask for basic information about you and your connection to the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program so community participants can get to know each other over time.
- Your profile information will be visible to other people who have logged into the TargetHIV website.
- You have the option to not display your email address.