Implementing Oral Health Care into HIV Primary Care Settings Curriculum
HRSA HIV/AIDS Bureau (HAB)
This curriculum is designed to deliver hands-on instruction to simplify the implementation of best practices from the federally funded Special Projects of National Significance (SPNS) Innovations in Oral Health Care Initiative (Oral Health Initiative).
The curriculum provides program-planning information to a target audience of HIV, primary care, and dental providers interested in expanding or replicating innovative models of oral health care for people living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA). The curriculum comprises nine instructional modules.
The modules contain a mix of discussions, activities, resources, and other training guidance designed to help participants build their knowledge, skills, and abilities.
They are related to the following:
- The role of oral health in total patient care of PLWHA
- Barriers that exist for PLWHA in accessing oral health care
- Key clinical guidance to integrating oral health care in the HIV medical setting
- Oral health terminology
- Dental case management
- Patient oral health education
- How to build organizational capacity for oral health care
- Pros and cons of various organizational models studied in the SPNS Oral Health Initiative
- Program sustainability
See below for links to two webinars where the curriculum was presented, and a short training video.
Browse for More
Source:Topic Areas:Resource Type:Language:Audiences:SPNS Project(s):