SPNS Transgender Women of Color Initiative Intervention Manuals
HRSA HIV/AIDS Bureau (HAB)
The Transgender Women of Color Initiative was a multi-site demonstration project and evaluation of innovative models for linkage to and retention in HIV care, conducted within HRSA HAB's Special Programs of National Significance (SPNS) initiative.
The initiative funded nine demonstration states to design, implement and evaluate innovative interventions to improve timely entry, engagement and retention in quality HIV care for transgender women of color living with HIV.
The primary focus of the initiative was to identify and successfully engage and retain in care transgender women of color who are infected with HIV but unaware of their status; are aware of their status but have never been engaged in care; are aware but have refused referral to care; or have dropped out of care.
- Intervention Manual: The Alexis Project (Friends Research Institute, Los Angeles, CA)
- Intervention Manual: Chicago House - TransLife Care (Chicago House and Social Service Agency, Chicago, IL)
- Intervention Manual: CHN T.W.E.E.T. Care (Community Health Care Network Family Health Center, New York, NY)
- Intervention Manual: Howard Brown Health Center (Chicago, IL.)
- Intervention Manual: PHI - The Princess Project (Public Health Institute, Oakland, CA)
- Intervention Manual: The INFINI-T Project (SUNY Downstate Medical Center Brooklyn, NY)
- Intervention Manual: TransAccess (API Wellness Center and the San Francisco Department of Public Health, San Francisco, CA)
- Intervention Manual: TRANSACTIVATE (Bienestar Human Services, Inc., Los Angeles, CA)
- Intervention Manual: The Brandy Martell Project: (Tri-City Health Center, Fremont, CA)