This webinar shares best practices, firsthand experiences, and lessons learned from our environmental scan, virtual field visits, and jurisdictions participating in the learning community and describe the steps they took to implement Rapid Start as the standard of care throughout their Jurisdiction service area.
By the end of this webinar, you will be able to:
- Define rapid antiretroviral therapy (Rapid Start), its importance for clients, and the Ending the HIV Epidemic initiative.
- Identify what Ryan White funded Jurisdictions can do to promote the adoption of Rapid Start throughout their service area.
- Explore Jurisdiction experiences in taking steps to support the adoption of Rapid Start as a standard of care.
Select a time code to go to a section or access the webinar on YouTube and see the Description to jump to these sections of the video.
- Learning Objectives, Agenda & Speakers (0:02:12)
Purpose of the webinar, objectives, and introduction of speakers.
- What is Rapid Start? (0:05:26)
Definition of Rapid Start, followed by a video sharing a “Client’s Perception of Rapid Start”.
- Dissemination Assistance Provider (DAP) Initiative (0:07:37)
What is the DAP project and how does it support clients in receiving the care they want.
- Jurisdiction-Level Facilitators of Rapid Start Provision (0:11:28)
Lessons learned about what concrete and practical actions Jurisdictions can take to create an environment that facilitates the adoption of Rapid Start throughout their service areas.
- Learning Community Overview (0:15:44)
Description on how the DAP initiative approached the learning community.
- Jurisdiction Learning Community: Panel Presentation (0:17:55)
Shared experiences of three participating Jurisdictions in the DAP learning community: Portland Jurisdiction, Austin Area, and Columbus Public Health/Ohio Department of Health.
- Questions and Answers (0:34:52)
- What’s Next? (0:46:20)
Video of a colleague sharing how Rapid Start made a difference in his practice and the steps taken to implement Rapid Start.
- TAP-in/TA Training (0:51:09)
Overview of TAP-in and support TAP-in can provide to review and offer ways to support Rapid Start, and more.