The purpose of the ELEVATE program is to build the capacity of Persons With HIV (PWH) to be meaningfully involved in the planning, delivering, and improving of Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP) services. ELEVATE will address needs in workforce recruitment, development, and advancement for PWH in populations 50+, Young Black Men, transgender/gender non-conforming (T/GNC), Latinx, and the recovery community. ELEVATE will bring forth an increased initiative in these communities hit hard by HIV so that self-awareness and self-advocacy will grow.
- Increase the number of PWH meaningfully involved in the planning, delivering, and improving of RWHAP services
- Build the capacity of PWH to be meaningfully involved in community planning for HIV prevention, care, and treatment services
- Build the capacity of PWH to be meaningfully involved in clinical quality management (CQM) activities
- Build the capacity of PWH to be meaningfully involved in the delivery of HIV prevention and care services
- Develop individualized action plans to increase engagement and involvement in the planning, delivering, and improving of RWHAP services
Each ELEVATE training will consist of 75% people with HIV and 25% RWHAP. Individuals participating in the ELEVATE training must be persons with HIV (people with HIV/PWH) aligned with a RWHAP Recipient and Subrecipient.
To participate in the ELEVATE Program one must meet the following criteria:
Training will be implemented over five-day period, and each day will be 5 hours long. At the end of each ELEVATE training, individuals will have the option to express interest in receiving post-training support through coaching sessions. In addition, trainers can also recommend participants for coaching based on observations during training. NMAC staff and Subject Matter Experts serve as a primary coach. Coaching sessions are 30 minutes each, although the first session is 60 minutes long. For the first three months of coaching, participants will attend once a month. After the first three months, participants will attend bi-monthly meetings.
- Day One: PWH Systems-Level Leadership
- The Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program
- National HIV/AIDS Strategy (revised as HIV National Strategic Plan)
- Structures of Involvement
- PWH Leadership
- Day Two: HIV Prevention, Care, & Treatment
- HIV 101 including PrEP, PEP, & TasP
- The HIV Life Cycle and Medications
- Adherence and Overcoming Barriers
- HIV and Co-Morbidities
- Social Determinants of Health
- Day Three: Public Health Tools & Skills
- Health Literacy
- Introduction to Data
- Data Terminology
- Performance Measurement
- Charts & Graphs
- Day Four: Program Track Breakout
- Planning Services
- Improving Services
- Delivering Services
- Day Five: Creating Change
- Communicating as Part of Team
- Facilitation Skills
- Managing Stigma and Trauma as PWH Leaders
- Personalized Action Plan based on Program Track
- Action Planning Report-Out
There is currently no deadline to apply.
ELEVATE is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of a financial assistance award totaling $796,749.00 with 100 percentage funded by HRSA/HHS. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA/HHS, or the U.S. Government.