The purpose of the ELEVATE program is to build the capacity of persons with HIV (PWH) to be meaningfully involved in the planning, delivering, and improving of Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP) services. ELEVATE will address needs in workforce recruitment, development, and advancement for PWH in populations 50+, Young Black Men, transgender/gender non-conforming (T/GNC), Latinx, and the recovery community. ELEVATE will bring forth an increased initiative in these communities hit hard by HIV so that self-awareness and self-advocacy will grow.
- Increase the number of PWH meaningfully involved in the planning, delivering, and improving of RWHAP services
- Build the capacity of PWH to be meaningfully involved in community planning for HIV prevention, care, and treatment services
- Build the capacity of PWH to be meaningfully involved in clinical quality management (CQM) activities
- Build the capacity of PWH to be meaningfully involved in the delivery of HIV prevention and care services
- Develop individualized action plans to increase engagement and involvement in the planning, delivering, and improving of RWHAP services
Each ELEVATE training will consist of 75% people with HIV and 25% RWHAP. Individuals participating in the ELEVATE training must be persons with HIV (people with HIV/PWH) aligned with a RWHAP Recipient and Subrecipient.
To participate in the ELEVATE Program one must meet the following criteria:
Training will be implemented over five-day period, and each day will be 5 hours long. At the end of each ELEVATE training, individuals will have the option to express interest in receiving post-training support through coaching sessions. In addition, trainers can also recommend participants for coaching based on observations during training. NMAC staff and Subject Matter Experts serve as a primary coach. Coaching sessions are 30 minutes each, although the first session is 60 minutes long. For the first three months of coaching, participants will attend once a month. After the first three months, participants will attend bi-monthly meetings.
- Day One: PWH Systems-Level Leadership
- The Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program
- National HIV/AIDS Strategy (revised as HIV National Strategic Plan)
- Structures of Involvement
- PWH Leadership
- Day Two: HIV Prevention, Care, & Treatment
- HIV 101 including PrEP, PEP, & TasP
- The HIV Life Cycle and Medications
- Adherence and Overcoming Barriers
- HIV and Co-Morbidities
- Social Determinants of Health
- Day Three: Public Health Tools & Skills
- Health Literacy
- Introduction to Data
- Data Terminology
- Performance Measurement
- Charts & Graphs
- Day Four: Program Track Breakout
- Planning Services
- Improving Services
- Delivering Services
- Day Five: Creating Change
- Communicating as Part of Team
- Facilitation Skills
- Managing Stigma and Trauma as PWH Leaders
- Personalized Action Plan based on Program Track
- Action Planning Report-Out
There is currently no deadline to apply.
- Charles Shazor (he/him), Manager, [email protected]
- Lauren Miller (she/her), Health Equity Program Coordinator, [email protected]
ELEVATE is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of a financial assistance award totaling $796,749.00 with 100 percentage funded by HRSA/HHS. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA/HHS, or the U.S. Government.