We hope this Web site serves as a tool and resource for you to provide the best care and treatment possible for people with HIV. We encourage you to foster discussion below and throughout the comment sections of the site.
Please come back often, as frequently asked questions are answered and more resources are added. In fact many of your questions may already be answered within the training manual and curricula. So we encourage you to please check there first.
We want to hear from you and create an online learning community by continuing to share helpful resources. If you have an online resource, peer-reviewed journal article, presentation, or other helpful items you'd like to share with the greater Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program community and would like to have added to this Web site, please contact Sarah Cook-Raymond of Impact Marketing + Communications at [email protected].
- Buprenorphine Curriculum Online Resources
- Buprenorphine Training and Integration Webinar Series Part 1
- What Do Opioids Do to the Brain, and Why Are They Highly Addictive?
- What Increased Risk Behaviors Are Tied to Opioid Abuse?
- What Is Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use?
- Why Consider Medication-Assisted Treatment?
- What Is Buprenorphine?
- What Does It Do?
- Is Buprenorphine Addictive?
- What Are Agonists and Antagonists and How Do They Relate to Buprenorphine?
- Is It Safe?
- How Does Buprenorphine Differ from Methadone?
- Is Buprenorphine Used for Detox and, if so, How?
- What Do I Need to Know About Buprenorphine and Liver Enzymes?
- Who Can Prescribe Buprenorphine?
- How Many Patients Can I Treat?
- Are There Any HIV Drugs That Should Not Be Taken With Buprenorphine?
- What Happens If Someone Needs Pain Medication With Buprenorphine?
- Can People on Methadone Switch to Buprenorphine?
- What Do I Need To Do To Get Started?
- Will I Need To Offer Counseling Services?