Curriculum instructions to implement best practices from the Special Projects of National Significance (SPNS) Innovations in Oral Health Care Initiative (Oral Health Initiative). The curriculum provides program-planning information to a target audience of HIV, primary care, and dental providers interested in expanding or replicating innovative models of oral health care for people with HIV (PWH).
Table of Contents
- Module 1: Treating the Whole Patient: The Importance of Oral Health in Total Patient Care of PLWHA
- Module 2: Barriers to Oral Health Care in PLWHA
- Module 3: Organizational Models Studied in the SPNS Oral Health Initiative
- Module 4: Glossary of Oral Health Terminology
- Module 5: Clinical Guide to Integrating Oral Care in the Medical Setting
- Module 6: Oral Health Care in PLWHA: Know the Facts
- Module 7: Dental Case Management
- Module 8: Provider-Patient Oral Health Education
- Module 9: Peer-Patient Oral Health Education
- Module 10: Taking the First Steps: Building Organizational Capacity for Oral Health Care
- Appendix: Patient Interview Guide
See also the Intraoral Dental Exam: Guide to Oral Health Care for People Living with HIV/AIDS -- video demonstrates a systematic approach to performing an efficient oral examination.
Curriculum instructions to implement best practices from the SPNS Innovations in Oral Health Care Initiative.