Update to the Unmet Need Methodology for Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP) Parts A and B recipients, including:
- Background on the unmet need requirement.
- Summary of how changes to the methodology were determined.
- Instructions for RWHAP Parts A and Part B recipients on how to calculate unmet need using the updated methodology.
Once you determine if you are using the Required Unmet Need Estimates and Analysis (chapter 3) or the Enhanced Unmet Need Estimates and Analysis (chapter 4) approach, you will only need to review the section of the manual that covers that approach.
See also the related RWHAP Unmet Need Required Reporting Templates and Optional Calculation Tables (Excel). The manual contains references to these templates and tables.
The manual was updated on February 11, 2021 with a change of terminology from "Target Populations" to "Priority Populations" to align with HRSA HAB terminology changes.
The manual was updated on May 28, 2021 with clarifications and the appendix now includes a list of the HIV-Related Lab Tests for Population Size for HIV Surveillance Data.
Excel files for calculating unmet need estimates.
- This fact sheet provides an overview of the required and enhanced estimates and analyses for RWHAP unmet need estimates.
Answers to common questions about Estimating Unmet Need. These FAQs have been generated in response to questions from RWHAP recipients who attended webinars and/or received TA on Estimating Unmet Need.
This infographic provides a high-level workflow for RWHAP recipients completing the required and enhanced and Unmet Need Estimates and Analyses.
This video provides a high-level overview of the steps Part A and B recipients take to prepare for and complete the Unmet Need estimates and analyses, and the resources a
- This webinar provides an introduction to the updated Unmet Need Framework for Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP) Part A and B recipients.
- How to use the RHWAP Unmet Need Required Reporting Templates and Optional Calculation Tables.
- Form to assist RWHAP Part A and B recipients to create a plan to complete the requirement of Estimating Unmet Need for HIV Primary Medical Care.
- Feasibility of Required vs. Enhanced Estimates and Analysis for Estimating Unmet Need for HIV Primary Medical CareTable for RWHAP Part A and B recipients to outline the factors that influence the feasibility of conducting the required or enhanced Unmet Need estimates.
- Tool to help jurisdictions determine data and resources needed to complete the Unmet Need Analysis.
- This webinar provides a review of tools that jurisdictions may use to complete the Unmet Need estimates and analyses, including a presentation by the CDC of its SAS program for completing the Unmet Need analyses.