Technical Assistance Provider Innovation Network (TAP-in)
Insights for entities seeking to create or strengthen rapid ART: starting HIV antiretroviral treatment as soon as possible after the diagnosis of HIV infection, preferably on the first clinic visit (and even on the same day as diagnosis). The webinar is part of the support being provided to Ending the HIV Epidemic (EHE) jurisdictions through TAP-in, the HRSA-funded technical assistance and training program.
- Learning Objectives, Agenda & Panel (0:00)
Purpose of the webinar, the panel, and a case study.
- HRSA Commitment to Rapid ART (4:06)
HRSA HIV/AIDS Bureau on the Ending the HIV Epidemic initiative, policies and programs that support rapid ART.
- About Rapid ART (23:05)
Definition of rapid ART and research to support the intervention.
- Rapid ART in the Field (31:10)
Overview of rapid ART presentations at the 2020 Ryan White National Conference on HIV Care & Treatment
- How Jurisdictions/Sites Prioritize Rapid ART (31:52)
Factors that drive decision-making about undertaking rapid ART (e.g., clinic champions, implementing the science).
- Setting Up Rapid ART (34:48)
Overview of what's included in a rapid ART program, featuring examples from the field.
- Testing and Linkage
- Rapid Champion/Dedicated Rapid Team
- Staff Buy-In and Training
- Insurance and Medication Access
- Support for Patients
- Retention in Care
- Data to Support Patients & Track Outcomes
- Quality Improvement