Resources to help clinics integrate community health workers (CHW) into an HIV multidisciplinary team model.
Involvement of people with HIV is a hallmark of HRSA’s Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP). Leadership of people with HIV takes many forms, from meaningful participation in planning, community advisory boards, and positions in agencies are staff.
Webinars and Training
- Boston University School of Public Health
- Strategies and Lessons Learned for Consumer and Stakeholder Engagement in Integrated HIV Prevention and Care Planning and ImplementationIHAP TA Center
Strategies for ongoing consumer and stakeholder engagement in the integrated prevention and care planning, implementation, and monitoring processes.
- Boston Public Health Commission
Video to recruit new members for the Ryan White Part A Planning Council, featuring consumer voices.
Tools to support global health leaders in managing health and HIV programs.
Tools and Job Aids
- New York State Department of Health AIDS Institute
Guide on ways an organization can involve consumers in quality improvment.
- HRSA HIV/AIDS Bureau (HAB)
Materials to help programs develop strategies to employ Ryan White consumers/people with HIV.
- AIDS Alliance for Children Youth and Families
Workbook on setting up and operating a consumer advisory board (CAB).
- Caring for CARE Act Planning Bodies: A Guide to Recruiting and Retaining Planning Council and Consortia MembersHRSA HIV/AIDS Bureau (HAB)
Recruitment and retention strategies that planning groups can use to support membership.