ADAP Technical Assistance
The National Alliance of State and Territorial AIDS Directors (NASTAD) works in partnership with HRSA’s HIV/AIDS Bureau under this cooperative agreement to provide training and technical assistance to Part B/AIDS Drug Assistance Programs (ADAPs) under the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program. Part B/ADAPs are administered by state health departments.
TA and Training Services
Through its HRSA cooperative agreement, NASTAD provides focused training and TA to ADAP coordinators, AIDS directors and Part B administrators in the following areas:
- Strengthening the capacity to implement and administer insurance continuation programs
- Conducting analysis and evaluation of health insurance plans and Medicaid expansion activities
- Implementing an effective ADAP financial forecasting model
- Implementing effective cost-containment strategies, including participation in the 340B program, CMS data sharing, other program data sharing activities
- Preventing the use of waiting lists but, when necessary, implementing and managing such waiting lists
- Developing and maintaining comprehensive systems of care
- Implementing integrated planning processes
- Providing ongoing TA support and mentorship to Part B/ADAP program managers and personnel
NASTAD represents the nation’s chief state and territorial AIDS directors and other state health agency personnel who have programmatic responsibility for administering HIV/AIDS and viral hepatitis surveillance, prevention, care and treatment services.
Through its membership, NASTAD provides national leadership to reduce the incidence of HIV and viral hepatitis infections in the United States, enhances the delivery of comprehensive and quality care to all persons living with HIV/AIDS and viral hepatitis, and facilitates the development of responsive public policies at the federal and state levels.