Overview of RWHAP payment for clients’ health care coverage costs (insurance assistance).
Resources for Ryan White programs in assessing Qualified Health Plans (QHPs) in relation to the needs of people living with HIV/AIDS.
Guidelines and Manuals
- HRSA HIV/AIDS Bureau (HAB)
Webinars and Training
- ACE TA CenterLearn about recent and upcoming changes to federal and state health care policies and their implications for RWHAP recipients, subrecipients, and clients.
- ACE TA CenterIntroduction for new RWHAP program staff (or staff with new roles) on the ACE TA Center and an overview of health coverage and its importance for RWHAP clients and people living with HIV.
- ACE TA CenterAnnual staff orientation webinar to introduce staff to the ACE TA Center.
- Get Ready to Enroll: Remote Enrollment Strategies, Open Enrollment Updates, and Tips for Working with ClientsACE TA Center
Tips on preparing for Open Enrollment 2021.
Tools and Job Aids
- ACE TA CenterReview of eligibility and enrollment rules for Medicaid, what the program covers, and how the RWHAP complements Medicaid coverage.
- ACE TA CenterQuestions commonly asked during ACE TA Center webinars on Medicare.
- The Fundamentals of Medicare-Medicaid Dual Eligibility for Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP) ClientsACE TA CenterOverview of the eligibility criteria for both the Medicare and Medicaid programs, health coverage options including integrated care plans for dually eligible clients, enrollment considerations and best practices, financial help for Medicare costs, and sources of external enrollment support.
Reports and Best Practices
Tools to assist ADAPs with benefits management activities to help clients obtain and maintain access to private and public insurance.
John Snow, Inc.
Molly McAndrew Tasso, Amy Killelea, Nadeen Israel
2022 National Ryan White Conference on HIV Care & Treatment