This intervention is part of the Dissemination of Evidence-Informed Interventions project—the ﬁrst SPNS project of its kind to apply a rigorous implementation science approach and evaluate intervention replication and ﬁdelity of evidence-informed intervention models across the country.
This buprenorphine intervention has been informed and adapted from the best practice ﬁndings of a past SPNS initiative that yielded successful HIV care continuum outcomes among client participants.
A Substance Use + Public Health Intervention
Buprenorphine treatment delivered in HIV clinics is associated with decreased opioid use, increased antiretroviral use, higher quality of HIV care, and higher quality of life.
Replication Package Resources
These evidence-informed intervention resources were developed to support interested sites in replicating this intervention and the necessary implementation processes.
Training to Implement
- Care and Treatment Interventions (CATIs) Manual
- Training Curriculum (English) (Spanish)
- Training Curriculum Slides (English) (Spanish)
- Technical Assistance Agenda
- Intervention Summary
- Spotlight: It Takes a Team—Integrating Buprenorphine
- Spotlight: Emergency Planning for Opioid Treatment
- Site Spotlight: Using an Outreach Team
- DEII Intervention Sustainability Report
- Intervention Evaluation Protocols
- Initial Lessons Learned from the DEII Initiative (08/27/2018)
- Patient Outcomes from the DEII Initiative (11/21/2019)
- Sustainability and Replication of the DEII Interventions (03/23/2021)