This intervention is part of the Dissemination of Evidence-Informed Interventions project—the first SPNS project of its kind to apply a rigorous implementation science approach and evaluate intervention replication and fidelity of evidence-informed intervention models across the country.
This patient navigation intervention has been informed and adapted from the best practice findings of a past SPNS initiative that yielded successful HIV care continuum outcomes among client participants.
A Patient Navigation Intervention
Patient navigators provide enhanced navigation services, in addition to the clinic’s existing case management standard of care. Core intervention components include:
- Assessing client needs and developing a care plan
- Conducting six structured education sessions
- Participating as a member of a multidisciplinary healthcare team
Replication Package Resources
These evidence-informed intervention resources were developed to support interested sites in replicating this intervention and the necessary implementation processes.
Training to Implement
- Initial Lessons Learned from the DEII Initiative (08/27/2018)
- Patient Outcomes from the DEII Initiative (11/21/2019)
- Sustainability and Replication of the DEII Interventions (03/23/2021)