Training Guide for RWHAP Part A Planning Councils/Planning Bodies: A Member’s First Planning Cycle
The Training Guide is designed to help planning councils/planning bodies (PC/PB) conduct orientation and ongoing training to prepare members to participate fully in RWHAP Part A planning and decision making.
Composed of ten modules including trainer notes, presentation slides, experiential activities and quick reference handouts, the Training Guide makes it quicker and easier to plan and conduct PC/PB.
Included in the Training Guide:
- Orientation of new PC/PB members
- Skills training for PC/PB committees
- Mini-training sessions during regular PC/PB meetings
- Training for recipient staff working with the PC/PB
- Introduction to PC/PBs for potential members
Trainers can select and customize training materials to meet their jurisdiction’s needs.
What Every Member Should Know about the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP)
- Module 1: Understanding the Legislation
- Module 2: Roles and Responsibilities of RWHAP Part A Planning Councils/Planning Bodies and Recipients
Participating in Your First Planning Cycle as a RWHAP Part A PC/PB Member
- Module 3: Overview of the RWHAP Part A Annual Planning Cycle
- Module 4: Needs Assessment
- Module 5: Priority Setting and Resource Allocations
- Module 6: Integrated/Comprehensive Planning
- Module 7: Other PC/PB Roles for Maintaining and Improving a System of Care
Successful Operations, Group Process, and Decision Making
- Module 8: PC/PB Structure and Governance
- Module 9: Working Together: Effective Committees and PC/PB Meetings
- Module 10: Data-based Decision Making: Understanding, Assessing, and Using Data