The ACE TA Center periodically publishes policy blogs for the purpose of information sharing among Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP) managers, staff, and enrollment assisters. Please be aware that unless otherwise noted, the information contained in these blog pages is only accurate as of the date of publication. If you have questions about a specific policy or blog post, please email us at [email protected].
- Help Medicaid Clients Stay Covered and Avoid Gaps in Care - April 24, 2023
The Medicaid continuous coverage requirement ended March 31, 2023. RWHAP staff play an important role in supporting RWHAP clients to either successfully redetermine their Medicaid eligibility or enroll into alternate health coverage options. This blog outlines the steps that will help clients and other individuals living with HIV avoid gaps in coverage and care.
- Tax Filings and Health Coverage: The Relationship - February 17, 2023
As we head into tax season, it’s important for staff and clients to know not just what needs to be done, but why. This blog describes the relationship between taxes, health coverage, and Marketplace financial assistance.
- Low-Income Special Enrollment Period: It's Available Year-Round - January 26, 2023
An important Special Enrollment Period (SEP), sometimes referred to as “the Low Income SEP” is available to eligible low-income people for plan years 2022 - 2025. This blog explains who the SEP is available to, its' benefits and limitations, and how to apply.
- Medicaid Unwinding Starting Soon, Keep RWHAP Clients Enrolled - January 24, 2023
State Medicaid programs will begin conducting Medicaid eligibility reviews for all enrollees in February, March, or April 2023. People who are no longer eligible for Medicaid will need to explore alternative health care coverage options. This blog explains the "Medicaid unwinding" process, including what RWHAP programs do right now to help Medicaid clients stay covered and avoid gaps in care.
- Long-Acting Injectable ART: Coverage and Cost-Sharing Considerations - June 28, 2022
This blog discusses coverage and cost-sharing considerations for LAI ART across public and private payers as well as guidance for RWHAP recipients and subrecipients so they can help clients navigate access. The blog was released in conjunction with a brand new ACE TA Center tool by the same name.
- Expanded Access to Subsidized Marketplace Insurance Plans - March 28, 2022
This blog explains the new Special Enrollment Period (SEP) available monthly in 2022. This new SEP means that qualifying low-income individuals without insurance will be able to enroll in subsidized Marketplace coverage throughout 2022.
- Four things to know about Open Enrollment 2022 - October 18, 2021
This blog gave a high-level overview of what to expect for Open Enrollment 2022, including when consumers could enroll, additional navigator duties, and expanded funding opportunities for enrollment organizations.
- Marketplace Subsidies and Unemployment Compensation - July 20, 2021
Starting July 1, 2021, people who received or who were approved to receive unemployment compensation in 2021 became eligible for enhanced subsidies for Marketplace coverage through HealthCare.gov or their state marketplace. This blog outlines who became eligible, how to apply, and what it meant for consumers in states that had not expanded Medicaid.
- American Rescue Plan Subsidies Make Marketplace and COBRA Insurance More Affordable - May 13, 2021
Premium subsidies made available through ARPA in the Spring of 2021 made Marketplace and COBRA health insurance plans more affordable via premium tax credits. This blog gives an overview of the increased tax credits, who qualified, and how they could apply.
- New Health Coverage Opportunities and Resources through the American Rescue Plan Act - March 19, 2021
On March 11, 2021, President Biden signed the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) into law. This blog outlines the opportunities for people with HIV and what RWHAP providers should do to support case managers, assisters, and clients.
- Are Your Clients Eligible for a Special Enrollment Period? - August 20, 2020
This blog gives an overview of the various Special Enrollment Period opportunities made available to consumers either directly or indirectly as a result of COVID-19.