The ACE TA Center periodically publishes policy blogs for the purpose of information sharing among Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP) managers, staff, and enrollment assisters. Please be aware that unless otherwise noted, the information contained in these blog pages is only accurate as of the date of publication. If you have questions about a specific policy or blog post, please email us at [email protected].
- Expanded Access to Subsidized Marketplace Insurance Plans - March 28, 2022
This blog explains the new Special Enrollment Period (SEP) available monthly in 2022. This new SEP means that qualifying low-income individuals without insurance will be able to enroll in subsidized Marketplace coverage throughout 2022.
- Four things to know about Open Enrollment 2022 - October 18, 2021
This blog gave a high-level overview of what to expect for Open Enrollment 2022, including when consumers could enroll, additional navigator duties, and expanded funding opportunities for enrollment organizations.
- Marketplace Subsidies and Unemployment Compensation - July 20, 2021
Starting July 1, 2021, people who received or who were approved to receive unemployment compensation in 2021 became eligible for enhanced subsidies for Marketplace coverage through HealthCare.gov or their state marketplace. This blog outlines who became eligible, how to apply, and what it meant for consumers in states that had not expanded Medicaid.
- American Rescue Plan Subsidies Make Marketplace and COBRA Insurance More Affordable - May 13, 2021
Premium subsidies made available through ARPA in Spring of 2021 made Marketplace and COBRA health insurance plans more affordable via premium tax credits. This blog gives an overview of the increased tax credits, who qualified, and how they could apply.
- New Health Coverage Opportunities and Resources through the American Rescue Plan Act - March 19, 2021
On March 11, 2021, President Biden signed the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) into law. This blog outlines the opportunities for people with HIV and what RWHAP providers should do to support case managers, assisters, and clients.
- Are Your Clients Eligible for a Special Enrollment Period? - August 20, 2020
This blog, written in August of 2020, gives an overview of the various Special Enrollment Period opportunities made available to consumers either directly or indirectly as a result of COVID-19.