Performance measures to help Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program agencies monitor and improve the quality of care they deliver.
Case managers, as members of a Ryan White care team, help patients navigate the health care and social services systems. They also help clinicians coordinate and implement care plans. Medical case managers provide essential education and follow-up to make sure that patients understand the importance of adherence to treatment and keeping both routine and specialty appointments.
Resources and TA/Training for Case Managers
- Case Management - best practices and creative approaches for case management and support services.
- Ending the HIV Epidemic Initiative - EHE is focused on four pillars: diagnose, treat, prevent, and respond in hard hit jurisdictions.
- Health Coverage - learn about enrolling clients in health coverage as well as billing and contracting with payers.
- HIV Testing & Diagnosis - guidelines, tools, and resources for special situations.
- Innovations in HIV Care: Replication Resources - HRSA-funded innovations are currently catalogued in HIV Care Innovations: Replication Resources and Best Practices Compilation, (Consolidation of these collections is forthcoming.)
- Key Populations - these resources address cultural competency, as well as challenging situations such as incarceration, homelessness, and rural settings. Approaches and considerations for serving special populations such as gay/bisexual men (MSM), women, adolescents, transgender people, and women, are also documented.
- Medical & Support Services - case managers play an important role in identifying and addressing many common medical concerns including adherence, substance abuse, and mental illness.
- People with HIV & Community Involvement - tools for patient education, models and best practices for peer programs, advisory boards, and patient involvement initiatives.
Guidelines and Manuals
- HRSA HIV/AIDS Bureau (HAB)
Clinical care guides for various populations (based upon their racial, ethnic, and gender characteristics) and specific conditions.
- HRSA HIV/AIDS Bureau (HAB)
Tools on ways to expand/replicate innovative models of oral health care for people with HIV.
Tools and Job Aids
- HRSA HIV/AIDS Bureau (HAB), NASTAD
Application and companion document on how to apply for many (but not all) pharmaceutical assistance program (PAP) offered by pharmaceutical companies.
- Boston University School of Social Work Center for Innovation in Social Work and Health, HRSA HIV/AIDS Bureau (HAB)
Training compendium for agencies seeking to develop programs that utilize peers to help engage and retain other people with HIV in care. Also en Espanol: Componentes Esenciales para la Capacitación y Éxito de los Trabajadores Pares (Peers)
Reports and Best Practices
- Dissemination of Evidence Informed-Interventions Project (DEII)
Evidence-informed interventions that produce optimal HIV care outcomes (jail transitional care, buprenorphine, patient navigation and peer support for women of color)
- AIDS Action Foundation
Workbooks describing ways to help connect people living with HIV/AIDS to medical care. Estos cuadernos describen la manera de asistir a conectar personas que viven con VIH/SIDA con el sistema médico.