Case managers, as members of a Ryan White care team, help patients navigate the health care and social services systems. They also help clinicians coordinate and implement care plans. Medical case managers provide essential education and follow-up to make sure that patients understand the importance of adherence to treatment and keeping both routine and specialty appointments.
Topics for Case Managers
- Case Management - best practices and creative approaches for case management and support services.
- Medical & Support Services - case managers play an important role in identifying and addressing many common medical concerns including adherence problems, substance abuse, and mental illness.
- HIV Care Continuum - tools for assessing and improving patient engagement.
- People Living with HIV (PLWH) & Community Involvement - tools for patient education, models and best practices for peer programs, advisory boards, and patient involvement initiatives.
- HIV Testing & Diagnosis - guidelines, tools, and resources for special situations.
- Key Populations - these resources address cultural competency, as well as challenging situations such as incarceration, homelessness, and rural settings. Approaches and considerations for serving special populations such as gay/bisexual men (MSM), women, adolescents, transgender people, and women, are also documented.
Guidelines and Manuals
Clinical care guides for various populations (based upon their racial, ethnic, and gender characteristics) and specific conditions.
Dissemination of Evidence Informed-Interventions ProjectNovember 2017
Evidence-informed HIV Care And Treatment Intervention (CATI) packages.
HRSA HIV/AIDS Bureau (HAB)September 2017
Performance measures to help Ryan White HIV/AIDS programs monitor and improve the quality of care they deliver.
Webinars and Training
ACE TA CenterJuly 2018
Open Enrollment for 2019 Marketplace plans runs from November 1 to December 15, 2018. In this webinar, participants learned how to:
Streamline workflows to get ready for Open Enrollment
Tools and Job Aids
HRSA HIV/AIDS Bureau (HAB), NASTADJanuary 2019
Application and companion document on how to apply for any pharmaceutical assistance program (PAP) offered by pharmaceutical companies.
Reports and Best Practices
HRSA HIV/AIDS Bureau (HAB)January 2006
Workbooks describing ways to help connect people living with HIV/AIDS to medical care. Estos cuadernos describen la manera de asistir a conectar personas que viven con VIH/SIDA con el sistema médico.