Telehealth is the provision of medical services at a distance via technology. Telehealth has been around for several decades and includes a wide range of methods (e.g., phone, video conferencing, text messaging, mobile apps). Telehealth is used for clinician/client appointments as well as clinician-to-clinician consultations. Telehealth can help break down challenges like transportation and patient stigma fears over going to an HIV care site.
Webinars and Training
- Technical Assistance Provider Innovation Network (TAP-in)Recordings of the TAP-in: Technical Assistance Provider-innovation network monthly webinars on topics critical to the Ending the HIV Epidemic Initiative.
- National Center for Innovation in HIV Care
Overview of HIV telemedicine, its equipment and technology requirements, and perspectives from front line providers.
Tools and Job Aids
This resource contains tools to assess case management coverage offered by qualified health plans (QHPs). Also, traditional Medicaid, and the Ryan White HV/AIDS Program.
Reports and Best Practices
- Innovation and Resilience: How Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Recipients Leverage Telehealth during the COVID-19 PandemicHRSA HIV/AIDS Bureau (HAB)Recap of changes made in telehealth laws, regulations, and policies and corresponding efforts of healthcare systems, payers, and providers to modify their services to keep clients with HIV engaged in care provided by HRSA's Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program.
- AETC National Coordinating Resource Center (NCRC)
HIV clinical training resources for the AIDS Education and Training Centers (AETC) Program (e.g., library of tools by topic and populations, calendar of events, directory of AETCs, clinician consultation resources). Discover AETC EHE resources for clinicians.
- HRSA Bureau of Primary Health Care (BPHC)
The HITEQ Center is a National Training and Technical Assistance center developed and operated by JSI and Westat, under contract to the Bureau of Primary Health Care, to support health centers in full optimization of their EHR/Health IT systems.