TAVIE Red is a mobile application that utilizes gamification to increase health and psychological self-management and assists case managers with connecting with clients. Gamification keeps clients engaged, assists with behavior, and increases knowledge through elements of game mechanics, such as working through challenging scenarios and earning rewards for the completion of activities.
The TAVIE Red intervention aims to improve linkage and retention in care while addressing social determinants of health among people with HIV. TAVIE Red features include treatment and symptom management, treatment reminders, a CD4 and viral load charting tool, health-related self-assessments, GPS resource mapping, gamification, and personalized health coaching to develop behavior change, and the ability for clients to achieve rewards. TAVIE Pro, the case manager online portal, is used in conjunction with TAVIE Red. TAVIE Pro acts as a mechanism for case managers to send announcements, schedule appointments, and monitor client self-assessment progress.
This project is part of CIE's Equity in Evaluation Project, which aims to provide organizations that developed innovative service delivery models with evaluation support so that they can collect data to demonstrate effectiveness.
- Step 1: Determine key features of the TAVIE Red application
- Step 2: Assess the acceptability of application features
- Step 3: Determine participant eligibility
- Step 4: Designate a TAVIE site coordinator at each funded agency
- Step 5: Train staff who will support implementation at each site
- Step 6: Engage and enroll TAVIE-Red participants
- Step 7: Implement TAVIE Red
- Step 8: Evaluate the intervention