Toolkit to help organizations planning to integrate their data across HIV and housing service agencies.
Approaches to providing and linking to housing services and serving homeless and unstably housed clients.
Spotlight: See resources developed by The HIV, Housing & Employment Project, a HRSA SPNS initiative.
Guidelines and Manuals
- Sharing and Integrating HIV Client Data Across Provider Organizations to Improve Service CoordinationRAND Corporation, HRSA HIV/AIDS Bureau (HAB)
Webinars and Training
- HRSA, IHIPTwo interventions that provide layers of supportive services for people with HIV who are unstably housed.
- HRSA HIV/AIDS Bureau (HAB)
Webinars on HRSA HAB policy notices and program letters for RWHAP recipients.
- HRSA HIV/AIDS Bureau (HAB)Highlight of two programs that successfully engaged in HIV care clients who are hard-to-reach and serve via delivery of HIV primary care, behavioral health, and housing.
- HRSA HIV/AIDS Bureau (HAB)Learn how two successful programs are addressing homelessness and housing instability and behavioral health disorders, improving client engagement and retention in care, and observing improved rates of viral suppression.
- HRSA HIV/AIDS Bureau (HAB)
Insights on understanding and leveraging of existing housing service systems to better serve people with HIV experiencing unstable housing.
- National Center for Innovation in HIV Care
Review of research on the impact of unstable/lack of housing on HIV care outcomes.
Tools and Job Aids
- Center for Quality Improvement and Innovation (CQII)Core interventions related to addressing housing instability and homelessness in order to eliminate disparities in viral suppression rates, for use in RWHAP clinics.
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health
Medical case management acuity tool to assess severity of needs of clients living with HIV in various areas of functioning and categories of severity.
Reports and Best Practices
- IHIPHHOME is a mobile care and systems intervention that helps connect vulnerable and homeless individuals in San Francisco to rapid HIV treatment.
- IHIPKC Life 360 is an employment-focused intervention that utilizes the intersection between employment services, HIV care and treatment, and housing to improve health outcomes of people with HIV.
- Center for Innovation and EngagementCollection of implementation guides on evidence-informed best practices in HIV care delivery.
- The HIV, Housing & Employment ProjectCOVID-19 adjustments developed by Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program recipients.
- Boston University School of Social Work Center for Innovation in Social Work and Health, The HIV, Housing & Employment Project
Best practices (and extensive resource links) for integrating into medical care teams the non-medical staff called Navigators.
- The HIV, Housing & Employment Project
Review of strategies for housing vulnerable populations in tight housing markets.
- Center for Advancing Health Policy and Practice
Insights from a HRSA SPNS initiative on care coordinator/patient navigation interventions for vulnerable populations.
- HIV Care Continuum: The Connection between Housing and Improved Outcomes along the HIV Care ContinuumU.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
Review of the impact of unstable housing and homelessness on each step of the HIV care continuum and insights on improving care engagement and health outcomes at each stage.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Study examining models of integration and coordination of housing assistance services and HIV care.
- AIDS Action Foundation
Workbooks describing ways to help connect people living with HIV/AIDS to medical care. Estos cuadernos describen la manera de asistir a conectar personas que viven con VIH/SIDA con el sistema médico.
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
Information and training resources for various community development programs under the auspices of HUD, including HOPWA, Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS.