Series of manuals for Parts (programs) under HRSA's Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP).
Planning is a multi-step process of information gathering to determine needs and subsequent decision making to devote resources to the highest needs. Individuals who conduct planning under the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP) do so in their roles as members and managers of RWHAP planning bodies. Planning bodies include RWHAP Parts A Planning Councils (hard hit metropolitan areas) and Part B planning bodies/consortia (for entire states/territories or regions within these jurisdictions). Planning is also undertaken by clinics and other service agencies under other RWHAP Parts and involves examination of epidemiologic and service delivery data to identify needs and guide decisions about how to deliver services.
Network with Your Colleagues
Resources and TA/Training for Planning Councils/Bodies
Explore the following Library topics and websites for resources developed to date. Also, access the Technical Assistance Directory for current projects that deliver support to RWHAP agencies.
- Planning - these resources cover all aspects of Ryan White planning: planning body operations (e.g., membership, involvement of people living with HIV), needs assessment, priority setting, comprehensive planning and integrated planning.
- Innovations in HIV Care: Replication Resources - HRSA-funded innovations are currently catalogued in HIV Care Innovations: Replication Resources and Best Practices Compilation, (Consolidation of these collections is forthcoming.)
Guidelines and Manuals
- HRSA HIV/AIDS Bureau (HAB)
- IHAP TA CenterGuide to support RWHAP Parts A and B recipients and their planning bodies with the implementation and monitoring of Integrated HIV Prevention and Care Plans.
Tools and Job Aids
- Planning CHATT
Review of the roles and functioning of Ryan White Part A planning councils.
- HRSA HIV/AIDS Bureau (HAB)Resources to help planning council staff carry out their duties in supporting and facilitating the work of RWHAP Part A planning councils/planning bodies.
- Planning CHATT
Resources to support PC/PB Support staff, PC/PB members, leaders and others in planning and providing orientation and training for current and potential members of PC/PBs and their communities.