Online clinician training platform with evidence-based core competency training on HIV prevention, screening, diagnosis, care, and key populations.
Adherence to prescribed treatment plans is critical for their success, and adherence support is a key component of medical case management services.
Guidelines and Manuals
- AETC National Coordinating Resource Center (NCRC), University of Washington
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Federal guidelines for treatment, prevention and care of HIV disease, opportunistic infections, and common co-infections.
Clinical care guides for various populations (based upon their racial, ethnic, and gender characteristics) and specific conditions.
Webinars and Training
- National Center for Innovation in HIV Care
Review of research on the causes of higher trauma prevalence among People with HIV. The relationship of trauma symptoms to decreased engagement in HIV services, and best practices in trauma-informed care.
- HRSA HIV/AIDS Bureau (HAB)
Tools to help health care providers adapt SPNS models within their existing operations in order to better engage hard-to-reach people with HIV into care.
- Boston University School of Social Work Center for Innovation in Social Work and Health
Cross-disciplinary training curriculum to increase knowledge and awareness of the relationship between HIV infection and substance use. Also available in Spanish (Version en español).
Tools and Job Aids
- Dissemination of Evidence Informed-Interventions Project (DEII)Series of six brief, animated videos with HIV-specific patient education tailored for women of color with HIV.
- Dissemination of Evidence Informed-Interventions Project (DEII)Esta es una serie de seis videos animados breves que brinda educación específica sobre el VIH para pacientes y está destinada especialmente a mujeres de color que viven con el VIH.
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health
Medical case management acuity tool to assess severity of needs of clients living with HIV in various areas of functioning and categories of severity.
- HRSA HIV/AIDS Bureau (HAB)
Library of text messages for patients, developed by the UCARE4Life research study.
Reports and Best Practices
- Center for Innovation and EngagementCollection of 14 implementation guides on evidence-informed best practices in HIV care delivery, designed for replication by HIV primary care agencies.
- Dissemination of Evidence Informed-Interventions Project (DEII)
Evidence-informed interventions that produce optimal HIV care outcomes (jail transitional care, buprenorphine, patient navigation and peer support for women of color)
- Culturally Appropriate Interventions of Outreach, Access and Retention among Latino/a Populations Initiative: Intervention MonographsSPNS Latino Access Initiative, UCSF Center for AIDS Prevention Studies
Monographs describing interventions for the engagement and retention of Latinos in HIV care.
Implementation guide for HIV providers on addressing the unique needs of women of color living with HIV.
- Next Step and Mass CARE
Guidebook for multiple audiences that outlines steps for transitioning youth from pediatric care to adult services.
- AIDS Action Foundation
Workbooks describing ways to help connect people living with HIV/AIDS to medical care. Estos cuadernos describen la manera de asistir a conectar personas que viven con VIH/SIDA con el sistema médico.
- AETC National Coordinating Resource Center (NCRC)
HIV clinical training resources for the AIDS Education and Training Centers (AETC) Program (e.g., library of tools by topic and populations, calendar of events, directory of AETCs, clinician consultation resources). Discover AETC EHE resources for clinicians.