Web training site to educate providers on the delivery of HIV health care services for black men who have sex with men to enhance engagement/retention in care.
The Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP) is dedicated to providing the best care to people with HIV. This website has resources to help health care professionals deliver high quality care. For you, the RWHAP relies on your involvement in planning councils, advisory boards, and peer programs. The community perspective helps to keep this program on the right track.
But the most important role for you is to take care of your health. This means keeping appointments, taking medications, and asking for help and support from friends, family, and professionals like physicians, nurses, case managers and counselors.
Getting in Care, Staying in Care
- Clients should work with their trusted HIV/AIDS care team to learn about health insurance coverage options under the Affordable Care Act. Learn more about health care reform and health care plan enrollment resources for consumers.
- Need help with HIV services, like finding a clinic or getting a problem fixed? Contact your case manager, your doctor, your nurse. Or look on our Program Locator to find services near you.
Having problems finding help? Go to the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Part B website for your state. Often, they list hotlines, lists of agencies, and grievance/complaint forms.
Topics for People with HIV
See the Top Picks below as well as our People with HIV & Community Involvement resources for information on varied topics, like:
- Community Advisory Boards - how to set up and improve a community advisory board.
- Peer Programs - train patients and community members to support other patients.
- Quality Management - HRSA's standards and tools and resources to measure and improve performance.
See also our Planning resources and the vital role of consumers in Ryan White decision-making. Start with the Planning Body Operations resources, particularly the Planning Council Primer and Training Guide for RWHAP Part A Planning Councils/Planning Bodies: A Member’s First Planning Cycle.
Webinars and Training
- Center for Engaging Black MSM across the Care Continuum, NASTAD
Tools and Job Aids
- HRSA HIV/AIDS Bureau (HAB), NASTAD
Application and companion document on how to apply for any pharmaceutical assistance program (PAP) offered by pharmaceutical companies.
- In It Together
Health literacy training initiative to help health professionals incorporate health literacy approaches into their services.
- Planning CHATT
Review of the roles and functioning of Ryan White Part A planning councils.
- Planning CHATT
This guide is designed to support PC/PB Support staff, PC/PB members, leaders and others in planning and providing orientation and training for current and potential members of PC/PBs and their communities.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
U.S. HIV-related treatment guidelines, drug database, and glossary.
- Center for Engaging Black MSM across the Care Continuum
Online resource to enhance care interactions experienced by Black MSM.