Providing quality care to people living with HIV (PLWH) is the mission of the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP). Most Ryan White clinics use a multidisciplinary team approach where clinicians (e.g., physicians, nurses, physicians assistants) work with other staff and consumers to ensure that patients receive care and support. The resources on this website, and the support provided by HRSA training and technical assistance, can help clinicians keep abreast of complex and evolving standards in order to provide high quality care to their patients.
Topics for Clinicians
- Clinical Quality Management - HRSA's standards and tools and resources to measure and improve performance.
- Key Populations - Cultural competency, and population-specific resources to help providers to tailor programs that are supportive of their patient populations.
- HIV Care Continuum - learn about proven, and exploratory, strategies to link patients to services and keep them in care.
- Medical Services - outpatient medical care, antiretroviral therapy, adherence, substance abuse, mental health, pediatrics, hepatitis, TB, testing, prevention, oral health, and other topics.
- Support Services - include housing support and other essential "wrap-around" programs that enhance the delivery of medical care. Case management services, including medical case management, help bring it all together.
Guidelines and Manuals
U.S. Department of Health and Human ServicesMay 2019
Federal guidelines for treatment, prevention and care of HIV disease and opportunistic infections.
AETC National Coordinating Resource Center (NCRC)September 2018
Online training platform to meet the core competency knowledge for HIV prevention, screening, diagnosis, and ongoing treatment and care to healthcare providers in the United States.
Clinical care guides for various populations (based upon their racial, ethnic, and gender characteristics) and specific conditions.
HRSA HIV/AIDS Bureau (HAB)September 2017
Performance measures to help Ryan White HIV/AIDS programs monitor and improve the quality of care they deliver.
Webinars and Training
AETC National Coordinating Resource Center (NCRC)July 2018
Table that links HRSA HAB performance indicators to an array of clinician training resources developed by HRSA programs.
Reports and Best Practices
HRSA HIV/AIDS Bureau (HAB)July 2019
Toolkit containing strategies for assessing and reducing risk of oral health disease, building oral health care provider networks and referral processes, and supporting clients through patient navigation.
HRSA HIV/AIDS Bureau (HAB)December 2018
Data reports, slide decks, and infographics on the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP).
Dissemination of Evidence Informed-Interventions Project (DEII)November 2017
Evidence-informed HIV Care And Treatment Intervention (CATI) packages.
Clinician Consultation CenterJuly 2018
This AETC clinical training program provides expert clinical consultation in HIV/AIDS care, prevention and treatment.
AETC National Coordinating Resource Center (NCRC)January 2018
HIV clinical training resources and and collaborative support for the AETC Program.